- We recently joined a community garden in our neighborhood. Have I mentioned we aren't gardeners? This fact (and it is a fact) causes a bit of anxiety considering we Robertsons are in charge of a humble plot that is to yield cucumbers. For everyone. So yeeeeeeah. No pressure. Anxiety aside, it is a really fun experience so far.
- Awesome recent discovery: these are on Netflix. Score!
- Soon I will get to share something exciting with you! Are you on the edge of your seat? You should be! Okay that is all I have to say for now or I will spill the beans. (PLEASE NOTE: This is not code for "pregnant" so everyone be cool.) It does, however, involve packing a bag.
- Last week was kind of a bummer. We had to call it quits on something fun we were planning. It wasn't the end of the world or anything but it was still not awesome. HOWEVER, in the middle of feeling kind of blah and a smidge dejected, Encouragement kicked us swiftly in the pants and said, "HEY YOU! You've got a lot to be thankful for so FUGETABOUTIT!" And then I cried happy tears. (You are shocked, I know.)
- I am reading this book and I love it. It's about a father writing to his son at the end of his life. It is beautifully written and I especially love the idea of legacy woven into its pages. Please read it. I mean if you're into that sort of thing--"that sort of thing" being AMAZING LITERATURE and sweet old men and generations and history and love and faith and death and life. NO PRESSURE OR ANYTHING!