8.21.2008

Got my lunch packed up and my boots tied tight...

Humanity does not pass through phases as a train passes through stations: being alive, it has the privilege of always moving yet never leaving anything behind. Whatever we have been, in some sort we are still.
-C.S. Lewis

*****

I have always found this time of year to be full of possibilities, particularly when armed with a bookbag full of fresh school supplies. Something about cracking open that new notebook, sharpening that new set of pencils and breaking the seal on that (outrageously overpriced) textbook that excites me. A new year. A fresh start. A clean slate. (which I realize makes me A Total Dork.)

So in the spirit of August, and as a nod to those who--in one way or another--find themselves back in the classroom, here's a list of my back-to-school favorites: (feel free to add your own)
*note: these were actually BANNED at my school. Ridiculous...

4 comments:

karlie nicole cooper. said...

i went back to school too! but to kindergarten...

i can't complain really. i get to eat snacks and sing songs all day. but i also have to take kids to the bathroom a million times a day. but it's worth it. i'm excited for you!

kimberly said...

I loved my trapper keeper! it was very "art-deco". I was way ahead of my time. um...

Sarah Amador said...

sister!! i love that you found the amazingness that is fruit gushers...how i miss those gushy goodies.

steph said...

trapper keepers were totally banned at my school too. due to the secret pockets? like i was going to hide weed in the 2nd grade. you never know these days.

p.s. we won't discuss the high fructose corn syrup content in the gushers................................plus i loved them too. miss you friend!!!!!!!!!!!