8.08.2008

A time to mourn and a time to dance




“For there is hope for a tree,
When it is cut down, that it will sprout again,
And its shoots will not fail.
Though its roots grow old in the ground
And its stump dies in the dry soil,

At the scent of water it will flourish

And put forth sprigs like a plant. "

Job 14:7-9


In the spirit of Friday, I fully intended on writing something lighthearted. Something funny. Something easy to read.

But then I read Dani's story.*

It is one full of pain, heartache and unimaginable sorrow. One that embodies the darkest side of human life and threatens to destroy the fragile fibers of hope. One that makes you immediately forget your own daily trials and recognize instead how infinitely blessed you are, and as a result, how much you have to give.

I will probably never meet Dani. In fact, I can offer her very little.
But I can share her story.

And pray for the day when Light will overcome the darkness.


*courtesy of dooce.com

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Ugh. Breaks my heart.

Anonymous said...

my heart just aches.
thanks for sharing the story. what a reminder of the need in the world.

I Dream of Scotland said...

This story, mixed with tough news from the morning, affected my whole day. There are some days when you just yearn for Jesus to come back....today was one for me.

Thanks for sharing your heart.