4.23.2010

Reunited and it feels so good...

Oh, hey there. Just sitting here, married.

Yep, hitched. This girl.

And can I just say LOVING IT?! And with it, THE RETURN OF MY SANITY?! OH HAPPY DAY!

...perhaps with the plethora of ALL CAPS that just ensued you may want to doubt me but THAT'S JUST MY PERSONALITY, PEOPLE, GET OVER IT!

...also, maybe somewhat due to the mass amount of caffeine I just consumed. Coupled with drugs. Bum foot + killer cold = a really hot wife who slathers on Vicks and nestles under a blanket of used Kleenexes with a bandaged ankle. YAY FOR MARRIED LIFE!!!

And I know what you're thinking. At least she hasn't busted out the old multicolored retainer!

To which I say, Not yet but COMING SOON--YOU'RE WELCOME, ADAM! I sure didn't wear braces for five years for nothing! Thanks Mom!

On to more socially acceptable things...

Our wedding was truly one of the best nights of my life. I've spent much of the last two weeks turning to Adam now and then and reliving it, like, Remember when...?! And can you believe so-and-so did such-and-such?! That was AWESOME! And always ending with OMG WE HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS EVEEEEEEER! (Adam's words, not mine.)

And really, truly, honestly, relishing in the fact that here I am, waking up next to my best friend and sharing cups of tea at night and learning to deal with a snorer (YOU DO!) and a bed-hogger (I OBJECT!) and all of it has made it possible for the first time in a loooong time to just take a breath (albeit a rather congested one) and actually exhale.

And sure, it's only just begun and yeah, it's going to get hard and sometimes really hard...but for now, I love that we can just laugh at our mess of an apartment with boxes piled all around and bare walls and dusty floors and a fridge full of merely a few bottles of beer and some hummus.

And that at the end of the day, we check our little 2W mailbox under the label that says simply ROBERTSON and are able to finally say hey...welcome home.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

You betcha! Funny, Cody is the snorer and I'm the bed hog (supposedly) in our relationship, too.

And so glad you enjoyed Date Night. I will be purchasing it immediately when it goes up for sale. Immediately.

rachel rianne said...

:)!!!
I WANT TO VISIT YOUUUUU!!

lauren said...

Ha!! You two are going to have the tell-all romance of the century!

lauren h. said...

so fun! what a great lifestage...i'm excited for you guys.

nettierox said...

i'm ready for a party!!! can't wait to see your new place and the ROBERTSONS!!!

on a side note do you still have our unity candle base? i'm putting together a little wedding homage thing in one of our nooks in the house and was going to use it! i'm in NO HURRY because honestly i don't have a ladder but i thought i'd double check to see if you had it or if it got misplaced in the wedding excitement!

Sara said...

Rebecca--I keep hearing bad reviews about it but I LOVED IT!

Rachel--We have a couch...! :)

Lauren--haha wellll I don't know about that but I do threaten to blog about things pretty often (haha).

Lauren--Just read YOUR blog and I'm excited for YOU!

Lynette--Nope, got it! It's sitting on the desk so next time we see ya, remind me and I'll bring it along! Thanks again friend!