7.20.2010

Currently:


  • Searching for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Desired qualities: unpretentious, traditional with a twist, comforting, ooey gooey chocolate-y goodness. Got a recipe I should try? Do share!
  • Feeling a bit guilty for having five dirty coffee mugs in my office. Also for opening the bag of peanut M&Ms...after having a brownie at lunch. Oops?
  • Wishing the Adult World would be a tad more user friendly. Also, that I would not have to make another trip to the DMV (scream). Also, that I wouldn't feel so helpless and confused at crucial times like when I have a Serious Situation on my hands and have no freaking clue what to do. Luckily, God is good and my husband is awesome.
  • Trying to muster up the courage to ask someone to hang out. Because, well, she seems fun and a new friend would be nice. But somehow I feel really awkward about it. Like what if she says no and thinks I am a weirdo? Or what if she says yes but only says yes out of obligation and then secretly hates it? Hmm. I think I'm suddenly really bad at this whole friendship thing. Is that a mark of old age?
  • Reading this, albeit halfheartedly, after tearing through this, even though it totally freaked me out and upon finishing it resolved to never see the movie or read the sequel. Recommendations?

here.

6 comments:

michelle said...

Oh, you totally know I should have written that post-it-note. Dang it. Well, once you get through your box of books, come visit my library so I don't feel so bad about my book-buying weaknesses. :)

Rachel said...

I have a chocolate chip recipe you should definitely try...it's my favorite and even chocoholics like my sister love them! I'll email it to you!

Katie said...

My little sister makes everything from scratch and this recipe is what we call her "Gone in One Day Chocolate Chip Cookies."

* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
* 2/3 cup butter, softened
* 1 egg
* 1 1/2 cup flour
* 1/2 tsp. baking soda
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 package (6 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Heat oven to 375 degrees F.

Mix sugars, butter, and egg in large mixing bowl.

Add in flour, baking soda and salt(dough will be stiff) add chocolate chips.

Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees F until light golden brown 10-12 minutes.

Let cool slightly, then remove from cookie sheet.

Makes about 24 cookies.

There is no twist, and it actually comes from our favorite cook book as kids, but they are delicious! When I made them last week I ended up adding 2 eggs but that may have just been a high altitude adjustment!

Sara said...

Michelle--TOTALLY thought of you when I found this! Also, I have a bowl I've been meaning to return to you...:)

Rachel and Katie--THANK YOU friends!!! Can't wait to try them out! Woohoo!!!

lauren said...

I'm intimidated by the already-awesome recipes submitted...but here for you if you ever want some more! Hang out...YES. (underlined, bolded, italicized.)

Sara said...

Lauren, I definitely do! Recipes AND date...perhaps combined? But then I'd be the intimidated one...:) I've been thinking of you lately--a past conversation has some of my wheels turning so how is THAT for extra incentive to get together?!