What to make when you feel really crappy, your husband feels crappy, and your week has been a big dose of heaviness:
(adapted from a HyVee recipe that credits TRY-FOODS INTERNATIONAL, so I should too I suppose. And thanks HyVee! Love you and your NuVals!)
Parmesan Roast Chicken
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/4 tsp. basil (or whatever spice you prefer...go crazy)
2 tbsp. Dijon-style mustard (this will change your life)
2 tbsp. olive oil
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Preheat oven to 375F. Grease ovenproof glass baking dish.
2. Combine cheese, breadcrumbs, basil and salt and pepper to taste on one plate.
3. Combine mustard and oil on second plate.
4. Dip chicken in mustard mixture, then in cheese mixture, shaking off excess. Place chicken in prepared baking dish.
5. Bake 30-40 minutes until tender and no longer pink.
6. Feel awesome, count your blessings and tell someone who love how special they are.
Serve with mashed potatoes and enjoy in front of the TV.
Follow later with ice cream and a LOST episode that you pay $.98 for on Amazon because you are desperate and Netflix is FAILING YOU.
Got a comfort food to share? Let me know! I'm always up for suggestions...
Happy weekending friends!