10.25.2011

No postponements.

I am flying through this book--almost too quickly, for I don't want it to end.

I am completely invested in the story she tells of her marriage. She writes after 40 years of being a "we"--an honest look back at the many seasons they weathered together and written the summer he is diagnosed with cancer.

I have dog-eared many pages, wanting to tuck away some of her wisdom for another day and at times, relating wholeheartedly with some truth she has woven into her heartfelt story.

The one that I want to share with you right now is a simple sentence--one that stuck out to me as I sipped my (very) early morning coffee and read greedily.

I hope one day it can describe this very season of our life as the Robertsons. I think that with continued intention (and maybe some purposeful weaving of spontaneity), it can.

We were living life as fully as possible. No postponements. -Madeleine L'Engle

(Of course, a similar sentiment was shared by this guy. Also, him. Couldn't help myself.)

No comments: