Compounded by the fact that neither she nor her dear husband have any confidence in making even the simplest of morning meals (i.e. pancakes)?
Never fear. B-f-f French toast casserole is here! And oh, friends, is it ever easy to please (and you can make it pre-festivities thus no time is taken from reminiscing about weirdo old neighbors who spoke Pirate or how sloooooow a certain b-f-f drank her chocolate milk every.single.meal. or how another certain b-f-f still doesn't know the name of that girl she-thought-she-knew-but-turns-out-didn't or how the other b-f-f got caught ((this-zipper-will-not-MOVE-caught!)) in her Dorothy costume...or just hug and say I'm SO glad you're HERE!!!)
And here it is: B-f-f French toast casserole
***EDIT: This recipe is adapted from here. ***
Note: I hear all you journalism majors snickering in the corner. Naturally, this recipe does not INCLUDE b-f-fs. It merely is meant to be enjoyed WITH b-f-fs. Oh, whatever.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 slices bread (any ol' kind you like)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon*
- 1 tsp nutmeg*
- 1 tsp cloves*
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
The night before:
1. Chunk bread and put in a 9x13 pan.
2. Mix ingredients.
3. Pour mixture over bread in the pan.
4. Top with brown sugar (and more spices if you are a spice-a-holic).
5. Cover and refrigerate.
The morning of:
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Cover with tinfoil (add more spices if you are a spice-a-holic).
3. Bake for 30 minutes.
5. Bake for 25 more minutes (should be browned and set).