Well, make delicious cookies of course!
Now, friends, don't ever say that I don't love you for these cookies--these simple-sounding delicious treasures--will blow your MIND! SERIOUSLY.
And not only do they taste out-of-this-world good, they look magazine-perfect...a feat I can never achieve!
Bottom line: it made me feel really good about myself even though I chose cookies over the gym. Uhh...mental health day?
Without further ado: Celebratory Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies**
Note: If you did not get a snow day, you obviously get first pick of the batch and can eat as much dough as you want.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water*
- 1/4 cup canola oil*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large egg
- 12 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 2/3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate minichips
Directions1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl; stir with a whisk.
4. Add flour mixture to peanut butter mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in minichips.
5. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on 2 baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes or until golden. Cool on a wire rack.
6. Try to eat just one I DARE YOU!
**Adapted from a recipe I found online...unfortunately, I have no idea where! So sorry for not citing properly!
...any recipes I need to try? I'm all ears!