6.09.2010

Unmentionable/quotable.

YOU GUYS.

I just had something SUPER embarrassing happen to me--so embarrassing, in fact, that I am not even going to share it here.

I KNOW. That NEVER HAPPENS!

(except Adam, I'm pretty sure it will be the first thing out of my mouth tonight right after OMG!)

Let's just say it was one of those things you DREAM about...you know, and wake up cringing?!

YEAH.

THAT.

JUST HAPPENED.

TO ME.

And the worst part?

I can't even laugh about it because I can't tell anyone!

=INTERNAL SHAME/SILENT GIGGLE FEST SO AS NOT TO ALERT THE COWORKERS!

(sigh)

Moving on...

***

From time to time, I run across a quote, scribble it on a Post-It and slap it on my monthly office calendar or bulletin board or even in my weekly planner.

It isn't something I search for or even change on a regular basis.

Just one of those hmm...I want to think about that more kind of a thing.

Or maybe a that is so perfect for this season of life sort of deal.

Much to my delight, I was given a little quote book at one of my wedding showers. It was a gift from a co-worker and I was honestly touched to receive anything at all.

During wedding mania, it was thrown into the catch-all closet with other lovely gifts (thrown with love friends, don't you worry! A girl can only unpack so much!).

I ran across it recently, brought it to work and each day, I've been in the habit of flipping the page for a new daily quote (note: this goes against the whimsical nature of previous quote-finding but was still kind of a fun morning surprise).

Last week, I came across a simple quote from this guy and haven't flipped since (you'll have to squint a little to make out the words but the image was so cheery I couldn't go without!):


from here.

I don't know how that looks exactly, but Mr. Emerson, I think you'll stick around for awhile as I attempt to find out.

No comments: